1) Call your insurance company and inform them of the fire. Limpiar hollin despues incendio They’ll likely distribute an adjuster to survey the damage and guide you through the process of submitting a claim.
2) Call a Fire Restoration company. Your insurance agent should be able to recommend someone reputable. A fire restoration company can professionally restore your house, including furniture, walls, roof, duct work, etc. They have the knowledge and the expertise of knowing which process will work with each damaged item. No matter how handy you may think you are, self-restoration can make things worse.
3) Locate all important documents and put them in a safe place. Locate insurance papers, birth certificates, health information, etc. Put them in a safe location in your home, where you could access them easily.
4) Take inventory of what’s been damaged, what’s not. There might be varying examples of damage – smoke, fire and water. Make a list of what’s been damaged; your insurance company will be needing this. If you can, locate the receipts for every single item.
5) Change your furnace filter at least once a day for the very first number of weeks, until visible soot is gone from the filters.
6) Open your windows. This may help eliminate smoke and fire odors and ventilate your home. It will also help dry things out.
7) Cover all non-damaged furniture with a plastic cover; or consider moving them into storage until your house is fully restored.
8) Wash your clothes utilizing your regular washer. That is usually all that’s needed with clothes that do not require dry-cleaning for regular care. Consider hanging them outside in place of utilizing your dryer.
9) Dry up your carpets using fans and de-humidifiers. If you can, put them outside and lay them in the sun to dry. The longer your carpets stay wet, the more chance of mold and mildew setting in.
10) Discard all food and drinks that have been confronted with fire, smoke or water. They are no more safe for consumption, including canned food. Don’t refreeze any food that’s thawed.
A fire restoration company can help to make the process easier by guiding you each step of just how, and using their expertise to clear your house of damage caused by smoke, fire and water. Count to them to get your home back to normal.